Monday, October 21, 2013

As if I don't have enough to do

Why not blog? I mean it's 2013 people and journals are piling up on the sale racks in every book store I visit. You still go to bookstores don't you? Maybe not... Amazon is probably much easier for you to access and I'm sure you've converted to a Kindle or iPad by now so maybe it's just time to recycle all those termite attracting paper books we've got sitting around. And I guess that's why I've decided to start blogging; well that's some of the reason. Many of my friends have been blogging for/about their kids. Kind of like a digital scrapbook to capture moments, memories, thoughts because they grow up so fast if we don't stop to write or type about it we blink and 18 years is gone with the wind and what have we got to show for it? Sure I make scrapbooks and Shutterfly albums with oober pictures but those really aren't the best ways to capture my thoughts and my dreams.

The military in me likes bullets and I will use them to tell you my vision for beginning the blog bon vojage:

-share stories about my beautiful baby boy and how I am growing into this new role as stay-at-home/work-from-home mom
-post recipes as I experiment with my new vegetarian diet
-encourage others to live healthier with exercise and eating advice
-jump on my soap box to vent about various problems that I am passionate about: pollution, prejudice, politics, psoriasis, prodigal parents (not mine specifically, but American parents in general- more on this later)
-nuggets of spiritual wisdom or just lessons the Lord is teaching me

My goal is to blog at least once a week, maybe more, maybe less.This way if you do decide to subscribe or at least check in often, I hope that my words can bring you joy, love, encouragement and ideas to ponder on a somewhat regular occurrence.  Remember that change is not bad, it's just a new way of doing things that is necessary. Thank God for the seasons right? I mean four years in Hawaii was wonderful, but boy did we miss the spring, fall and winter!

Feel free to comment however you like, but please be cordial. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment